Local Support Services
- Child and Adolescent Mental Health Services (CAMHS) Eating Disorders Team are a team of professionals who have specialist training and experience in working with children and young people with a range of eating disorders (referral needed, usually from GP). They also have monthly drop in sessions to find out more about the team and what the referral process is, find out more in the leaflet below.
- First Steps ED is an eating charity who works across the midlands (including Leicestershire & Rutland), providing care and support for children and their families, young people and adults affected by eating difficulties and disorders. The Tellmi app is a brand new way for young people in Leicestershire & Rutland to access free, safe, eating disorder support, advice and counselling.
National Support Services
- Beat – UK Charity who offer information and support for anybody affected by eating disorders, and for their families and carers. Call the Helpline on 0808 801 0677, Youthline on 0808 801 0711 or Studentline on 0808 801 0811, or try web chat on their website.
- Anorexia & Bulimia Care - Offers support to anyone affected by eating disorders, and to their parents or carers, by telephone, by email or by video call or online chat. Telephone : 03000 11 12 13 (9am - 1pm; 2pm - 5pm, Wednesday - Friday).
- The Mix - Offers support to anyone under 25 about anything that's troubling them. Email support available via their online contact form. Free 1-2-1 webchat service available. Free short-term counselling service available. Telephone 0808 808 4994 (3pm - 12am, seven days a week).
- ChildLine - Tel: 0800 1111 - Counselling service for parents, children and young people, offering free and confidential help and advice.