Local Support Services
- Mental Health Central Access Point (CAP) - 0808 800 3302 - 24/7 free helpline for people of all ages in Leicester, Leicestershire and Rutland. Offering access to urgent support, signposting and referral for yourself or on behalf of someone else.
- School Nurse - if you're aged 11 to 19 in Leicester, Leicestershire and Rutland you have a dedicated confidential, secure text messaging service which enables you to get confidential, professional health advice and support. Leicestershire & Rutland: 07520 615387, available 9am-5pm every week day, including the school holidays. Find out more here.
- Start A Conversation – Suicide is Preventable - Across Leicester, Leicestershire and Rutland, Start A Conversation works with multiple service-providers to ensure residents can easily access free and confidential advice and support. Services for U18's can be found on the Start a Conversation website.
- VitaMinds (NHS IAPT) – In partnership with the NHS, Vita Health Group offer a range of short-term psychological therapies to adults 16-years and over, who live and are registered with a GP in Leicester, Leicestershire and Rutland.
- Leicestershire Educational Psychology Service (LEPS) Helpline - The LEPS Helpline can be accessed through School referral. Once referred the service is available every Wednesday, between 09:00-11:30, to offer telephone advice and support to all parents/carers and professionals. Telephone 0116 305 5100.
- Kooth - Provides online counselling services across Leicester, Leicestershire & Rutland for 11 – 25 years. The service includes messaging, chat and forums and dedicated 1:1 counselling. Referral by self or school/professional.
- Early Intervention Service – an emotional support service for those aged 5-18 living in Leicester, Leicestershire and Rutland with low to moderate mental health needs.
National Support Services
- ChildLine - Tel: 0800 1111 - Counselling service for parents, children and young people, offering free and confidential help and advice.
- The mix - Tel: 0808 808 4994 - A leading digital support service on a range of issues impacting young people's wellbeing including mental health, money, homelessness, employment, relationships and drugs. An online chat and a crisis messenger is available on the site.
- Health for Teens - This website features bite-sized information on a comprehensive range of physical and emotional health topics for teenagers, including healthy eating, body image, managing stress, advice on relationships, puberty, sexuality and much more. Users can also find out about accessing support from local services.
- Young Minds - A UK Mental Health Charity, leading the movement to make sure every young person gets the mental health support they need, when they need it, no matter what.
- Family Action – provides practical, emotional and financial support. Contact FamilyLine by calling 0808 802 6666 (Mon-Fri, 9am-9pm), by texting 07537 404 282 , by emailing email@example.com , or via live web chat. www.family-action.org.uk