You will find information and guidance about self-harm for parents and carers below:
- Harmless - is an organisation who works to address and overcome issues related to self-harm and suicide. They not only offer support to the person you're referring to the service, but also offer support for yourself.
- NSPCC - have advice to help you understand why children and teenagers self-harm, and what you can do to support them.
- Young Minds - Read their 'Guide for parents' to learn more about what self-harm is, what the signs of self-harm are in a young person, and where to get support.
- Start a Conversation: Aims to raise awareness of suicide and signpost to support that is available. Have a look at the calendar of events for upcoming training and national awareness days.
These guidance documents provide further advice for parents and carers on self-harm.
- Coping with self-harm - a guide for parents and carers can be found below.