Local Support Services
- Leicestershire County Council offers a range of support to help with mental health and wellbeing.
- Mental Health Central Access Point (CAP) offers free support 24/7 via their helpline 0808 800 3302 for all ages Leicester, Leicestershire and Rutland.
- Leicestershire Educational Psychology Service (LEPS) Helpline - The LEPS Helpline can be accessed through School referral. Once referred the service is available every Wednesday, between 09:00-11:30, to offer telephone advice and support to all parents/carers and professionals. Telephone 0116 305 5100.
- Early Intervention Service – an emotional support service for those aged 5-18 living in Leicester, Leicestershire and Rutland with low to moderate mental health needs.
- Start A Conversation – Suicide is Preventable - Across Leicester, Leicestershire and Rutland, Start A Conversation works with multiple service-providers to ensure residents can easily access free and confidential advice and support. Services for U18's can be found on the Start a Conversation website.
National Support Services
National services that can support with mental health and wellbeing.
- Useful contacts to support children with mental health and wellbeing needs.
- Young Minds offer various support for parents who are concerned about their child's mental health through parents helpline and webchat.
- Childline is a 24 hours free helpline 0800 1111 open 7 days a week for children, where they can talk to a trained counsellor or have a 1-2-1 counsellor chat online.
- Family Lives offers a confidential helpline 0808 800 2222, parenting videos and information around mental health and wellbeing for primary aged children, secondary, teenagers and for the whole family.