This range of websites provide further advice for teachers on suicide prevention.
- Samaritans, Step by Step: The Samaritans step by step service provides practical support to help schools prepare for and recover from a suspected or attempted suicide. Here on their service resource page you will find step by step guidance and advice on responding to a suspected or attempted suicide.
- World Suicide Prevention Day 2021: As part of the programme delivered by the Start a Conversation team, the Leicestershire Educational Psychology Service shared a session on Managing Critical Incidents within Schools and other Educational Settings. Visit here for the recording.
- Anna Freud free short online training for staff on suicide prevention useful for schools.
- Start a Conversation: This website provides signposting towards useful information and advice around suicide including where support can be sought from when in crisis.
- MindED (*login required): They have made a range of resources available to support schools with self-harm and suicide. Includes understanding self-harm and suicidal thinking, safety planning and post suicide bereavement and postvention. Take a browse here.
- Papyrus: This guide provides information for schools and colleges on prevention, intervention and postvention. See it below.
This range of videos provide further advice for teachers on suicide prevention.
- Zero Suicide Alliance (ZSA): The ZSA have created an online video that aims to raise awareness of suicide prevention and give you the skills and confidence to help someone who may be considering suicide -