Mental Health & Wellbeing
Dealing with World Conflict
These websites and resources will support parents and carers in dealing with the complex subject of conflict around the world:
The Education Hub - Help for teachers and families to talk to pupils about Russia's invasion of Ukraine and how to help them avoid misinformation.
The BPS have advice and guidance about how to support children to manage anxiety over war, conflict and crises.
This range of websites provide further advice for parents and carers on mental health and wellbeing.
- Young Minds: Here parents and carers can access a range of advice from an A-Z guide to support, parents survival guide, starting a conversation with your child and more.
- Charlie Waller Memorial Trust: this website provides resources on young people's mental health for parents and professionals, including advice on creating a wellbeing Action Plan.
- Anna Freud Centre: this page provides advice for parents and carers on how to talk about mental health with primary age children.
- MindEd for families: lots of tips, information and advice on how to support children's mental Health.
- Health for Kids Grownups: provides support for parents and carers on healthy minds, healthy bodies, health issues and support services.
- Start a Conversation: Aims to raise awareness of suicide and signpost to support that is available. Have a look at the calendar of events for upcoming training and national awareness days.