Here are a range of classroom resources to use in schools to educate about alcohol:
- Drinkaware provide lesson plans on alcohol education within secondary settings on alcohol and peer pressure, alcohol and emotional health as well as understanding risks and harms associated with alcohol.
- Public Health England have produced an alcohol lesson plan pack which includes lesson plans for KS3 and KS4 about why young people drink, as well as an PowerPoint presentation and videos to support.
- PHSE Association have produced lesson plans on drugs, alcohol and tobacco covering relevant learning opportunities covering the statutory content for KS3 and KS4.
- Police – Alcohol, drugs and Staying Safe Lesson Pack.
- Rise Above Alcohol Powerpoint KS3 KS4
- Rise Above Classroom Tips and Preparation
- Rise Above lesson plan alcohol
Here are some useful website to use in schools to educate about alcohol:
- Drinkaware: here you can find a campaign toolkit on drink free days.
- Talk About Alcohol: have a range of age appropriate information, challenges, help and support.
- NSPCC information and advice on how to keep children and young people safe and aware of the risks with underage drinking.
- Alcohol Education Video Clips - short film clips to use as ice breakers or to promote discussion.
- NICE Secondary School Guidance - Alcohol interventions in secondary and further education. See the document below.