Oral health resources for schools have been developed by Change 4 life (C4L) These new oral health lesson plans are the first in a series of Change4Life school resources. The aim is to help pupils and their families learn about healthier eating habits.
The resources can be found via these links:
National Smile Month - Healthy Together Public Health (School) Nursing Team
Here are some resources you might like to use in school and share with parents and carers to help children learn about how to keep their teeth healthy.
- On the Health for Kids website (www.healthforkids.co.uk) pupils can enjoy playing the Shine Time game, where they must try to clear teeth of sugary 'invaders' and defend the mouth against the build up of plaque before it attacks and damages teeth. The game is progressively more challenging, and between rounds, the friendly hippo dentist character pops up to reinforce key dental health messages.
- Reception pupils might like to try the 'Who do these teeth belong to?' quiz on the Health for Under 5s website (www.healthforunder5s.co.uk) or playing the 'Snacks for Super Smiles' sorting game which can be downloaded from the site
- You may wish to encourage all your school community, from teaching staff and governors to parents and pupils to make an oral health pledge. See supporting resource below.
- Parents and carers may like to use the reward chart with children to help them establish good oral health habits.
- We also have a presentation about oral health, created by our public health nurses, which you can use in the classroom