Finding a Dentist
It is important for young people to attend the dentist as regularly as the dentist advises. Use this tool from the NHS to find a dentist.
This range of lesson resources provides ideas for teachers on lesson delivery.
- Change4Life: Here you will find a KS1 comic-style story, keeping our teeth healthy, for science lessons to teach pupils about dental health.
- Change4Life: This interactive game show-style presentation helps to teach KS1 pupils how to choose healthier snacks.
- Change4Life: Change4Life have produced a toolkit, food detectives, that includes a lesson plan, extension activities and a homework task to help you teach KS1 about 5 A Day and sugar.
- Change4Life: This Healthier snacking school council toolkit for KS1 was developed with teachers and has a range of fun activity ideas for school councils to promote healthier snacking.
This range of websites provide information and advice on oral health in schools.
- Oral Health Foundation: The Dental Buddy programme hosts a series of educational resources for early years learning in KS1 and KS2.
- e-Bug: This website has many resources available including a brushing diary activity, sugar attacks activity and sugar in drinks activity. There is also a quiz to use to test the pupil's knowledge.
- Public Health England - Better Health: On this webpage you can access a range of resources to support teaching and learning including material for core subjects, assemblies, and beyond the classroom.
This range of videos provides further support around oral health.
- Dr Ranj: Well known TV doctor and CBBC children's presenter, Dr Ranj, has made this age related video to help children, aged 7+, brush their teeth correctly.
- e-Bug: This video provides a demonstration for 7-11 year olds on how to brush their teeth effectively.
- BBC - Operation Ouch: This short (28 minute) TV episode explores more about our teeth including why they are different shapes and sizes.