To support your children and families oral health try these few simple top tips:
- Reduce the amount of sugary foods and drinks you have
- Brush your teeth twice a everyday with fluoride toothpaste
- Eat healthy - choosing a balanced diet helps your physical, mental and oral health
Finding a Dentist
It is important for young people to attend the dentist as regularly as the dentist advises. Use this tool from the NHS to find a dentist.
To find more information and advice on oral health visit these websites:
- Change4Life: This family snack challenge leaflet is filled with fun challenges for families to try at home.
- NHS have information on how to help your children take care of their teeth and gums.
These videos provide further support around oral health.
- Dr Ranj: Well known TV doctor and CBBC children's presenter, Dr Ranj, has made this age related video to help children, aged 7+, brush their teeth correctly.
- e-Bug: This video provides a demonstration for 7-11 year olds on how to brush their teeth effectively.
- BBC - Operation Ouch: This short (28 minute) TV episode explores more about our teeth including why they are different shapes and sizes.