- Food a fact of life: A range of free teaching resources to use for children and young people aged 3-16yrs to highlight where food comes from, cooking and healthy eating.
- Food a fact of life: Great resources to support teaching and learning about food and nutrition for children with additional needs.
- Teaching Resources Support: KS4 Healthy Eating resources and lesson plans on issues of healthy eating, personal choices and facts about healthy eating.
- Stem Learning: have a range of lesson ideas that links to the science curriculum for KS3/KS4 around junk food and the science between a balanced diet and health. Good resource to promote debate and discussions within the lesson.
- Eat Well Guide: a visual resource that can be used to explain a balanced diet and how much you should eat overall from each food group see below.
- British Nutrition Foundation: have reliable information on nutrition, sustainable diets, diet for different life stages, health conditions and information around healthy eating week.
- Public Health: information on how to improve the dining experience for children and young people in education.
- Food a fact of life: information on how schools can engage with parents and carers in relation to food.
- Healthy Eating campaign resources to encourage pupils to build a healthier lifestyle can be used for all years, lots of whole school ideas and resources.
- Handy guide for school caterers: around portion sizes and how to make sure school meals are healthy and balanced.
- Guidance on schools food in England: planning and providing food in schools. It explains how legislation applies to food provided within schools.
- Guidance for schools, a practical guide: about food standards to help develop healthy eating habits amongst young people.
- Checklist for headteachers: to help improve school food culture and increase the take up of school dinners.
- School food: guidance for governors guiding them on how to create and embed a great school food culture within schools.
- Allergy Guidance for schools: practical advice and resources to help schools manage allergy risks.
- Public Health England: guidance on food teaching in primary schools see below.