Finding a Dentist
It is important for young people to attend the dentist as regularly as the dentist advises. Use this tool from the NHS to find a dentist.
This range of lesson plans provides ideas for your lesson delivery.
- Change4Life: Here you will find a KS2 comic-style story, keeping our teeth healthy, for science lessons to teach pupils about dental health.
- Change4Life: This Healthier snacking school council toolkit for KS2 was developed with teachers and has a range of fun activity ideas for school councils to promote healthier snacking.
To find more information and advice on oral health in your school visit these websites:
- Oral Health Foundation: The Dental Buddy programme hosts a series of educational resources for early years learning in KS2.
- e-Bug: This website has many resources available including a brushing diary activity, sugar attacks activity and sugar in drinks activity. There is also a quiz to use to test the pupil's knowledge.
These videos are short, fun and useful and can help to support good oral health in your settings.
- e-Bug: This video provides a demonstration for 7-11 year olds on how to brush their teeth effectively.