To support your children and families oral health try these few simple top tips:
- Reduce the amount of sugary foods and drinks you have
- Brush your teeth twice a everyday with fluoride toothpaste
- Eat healthy - choosing a balance diet helps your physical, mental and oral health
Finding a Dentist
It is important for young people to attend the dentist as regularly as the dentist advises. Use this tool from the NHS to find a dentist.
To find more information and advice on oral health visit these websites:
- Change4Life: This family snack challenge leaflet is filled with fun challenges for families to try at home. You can also find information about 'sugar swaps' here.
- Oral Health Foundation - Teen's Teeth: This website provides a range of information on dental health.
- NHS: 'Take care of your teeth and gums' - information for how you and your children can have healthy teeth and keep trips to the dentist to a minimum.
- Oral Health Foundation - Have a Dental Helpline to help give you the very best information, advice and support about the health of your mouth. Tel 01788 539780.