- Healthy Eating Week 2022: creative ideas and resources to help primary schools to be involved in healthy eating week.
- Classroom cooking toolkit: offers creative ideas to help teach children about a healthy and balanced diet using the eat well guide.
- Food growing resources: some great resources that can be downloaded for pupils aged 5-11 around issues of food and sustainability and resources around growth for British science week.
- Food miles calculator: a good resource to use in classroom on the whiteboard to get children to start thinking about how far food has travelled before it reaches the consumer and the environmental impact.
- Food a fact of life: A range of free teaching resources to use for children and young people aged 3-16yrs to highlight where food comes from, cooking and healthy eating.
- Food a fact of life: Great resources to support teaching and learning about food and nutrition for children with additional needs.
- Eat Well Guide: a visual resource that can be used to explain a balanced diet and how much you should eat overall from each food group see below.
- Healthy Eating campaign resources to encourage pupils to build a healthier lifestyle can be used for all years, lots of whole school ideas and resources.
- Handy guide for school caterers: around portion sizes and how to make sure school meals are healthy and balanced.
- Hub4Leaders: an article on suggesting ways on how you can make lunchtime more productive.
- HENRY: this website offers help planning and cooking healthy family meals with simple recipes, making it much easier to prepare quick and balanced meals.
- Veg Power: lots of ways to encourage children to eat vegetables and information on how schools can get involved in campaigns and posters, charts that can be downloaded.
- Guidance on Schools food in England: around planning and providing food in schools. It explains how legislation applies to food provided within schools.
- Guidance for schools a practical guide: around food standards to help develop healthy eating habits amongst young people.
- Checklist for headteachers: to help improve school food culture and increase the take up of school dinners.
- School food: guidance for governors guiding them on how to create and embed a great school food culture within schools.
- Food in Schools whole school approach: establishing ways to provide a whole school approach and benefits of having a food policy.
- Allergy Guidance for schools: practical advice and resources to help schools manage allergy risks.
- Public Health England: guidance on food teaching in primary schools see below.
- The Leicestershire Healthy Schools Team have created guidance to support schools to develop their own Food & Healthy Eating Policy. Please find the document below.