Type 1 Diabetes
This range of websites provide further advice for parents and carers on Type 1 Diabetes.
- Guidance on supporting pupils with medical conditions in schools.
- Medical Conditions Policy Template - All schools should have a medical conditions policy which states how the school will care for any children with medical conditions, the procedures for getting the right care and training in place and who is responsible for making sure the policy is carried out.
- Health Conditions in Schools Alliance- offers guidance and support for schools who are looking after children with health conditions.
- Diabetes UK - information about type 1 diabetes, how to manage diabetes and treatments.
- Type 1 essentials that children and young people should expect from their diabetes care team.
- Leicestershire, Nutrition and Dietetic Service - information available on how to manage Type 1 diabetes for those who have been recently diagnosed.
- Diabetes symptoms videos below helps to understand what signs and symptoms to look out for.