Why be a Healthy School?
Becoming a healthy school can contribute to improvements in health and wellbeing for the whole school community, and make a contribution to overall school improvement and raise attainment, achievement and aspirations!
- Children and young people tell us that they feel healthier, happier and safer in school when wellbeing is a key part of the school ethos and environment
- NAHT Report 2014 - The link between pupil health and wellbeing and attainment
- Why schools should promote students' health and wellbeing BMJ Editorial May 2014
- Healthy Schools work can be a great way of involving parents and carers in school life
- Schools in Leicestershire have been leaders in embracing wellbeing since taking part in the National Healthy Schools pilot in 1999.