How to deliver Relationships and Sexual Health Education for Secondary
Date: Mon, 23 Aug 2021, 13:00 - 16:30
Venue: Online Via Zoom
This training will help teachers talk to young people about relationships and sexual health.
To book onto this training please visit https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/162452697391
Brook has been commissioned by Leicestershire County Council to deliver a tiered RSHE support programme for primary and secondary schools in Leicestershire and Rutland. Through this localised and tailored training offer, Brook will support schools to deliver high quality and holistic statutory RSHE, in line with the DfE guidance, increase the skills and confidence of teachers and help meet the needs of young people locally.
Brook is the UK's leading sexual health and wellbeing charity for young people and for over 55 years, we have supported, educated and empowered young people to make informed decisions about their sexual health, relationships and wellbeing. We have used this experience to inform our training packages and provide teachers with the knowledge and tools to deliver effective RSHE.
Delivery of the programme be undertaken by a team of Brook Education & Wellbeing Specialists, who are highly skilled, knowledgeable and experienced in delivering RSHE and PSHE to young people as well as teachers and professionals.
By the end of this training participants will;
• Improved confidence in managing conversations with young people around their relationships and sexual health.
• Discussed good practice tips and methods to enhance skills in delivering RSHE
• Gain knowledge to support young people to develop their own decision making, negotiation and communication skills to support healthy relationships and have good sexual health
• Knowledge of the contraception methods
• Knowledge about sexually transmitted infections
• How to access up-to-date information about local sexual health services and signposting for young people
• Gain access to further resources to support learning and teaching
This training will help ensure that teachers are better equipped to plan and deliver RSEH lessons, in advance of the new 2021 curriculum.
If you do need to contact us about this event, please email:
Our other trainings can be found here: https://www.brook.org.uk/training/
If you have any questions about our other sessions, please contact: email@example.com
THIS TRAINING IS OPEN FOR TEACHERS IN LEICESTERSHIRE & RUTLAND PRIMARY & SECONDARY SCHOOLS ONLY AND WE WILL VERIFY YOUR LOCATION WITH YOU PRIOR TO THIS EVENT.