**Due to the current unprecedented situation with COVID-19, the Leicestershire Health Schools Programme will be continuing providing training for schools but via webinar (MS Teams, Zoom Skype etc..) until further notice.
We have made arrangements with all of our training providers to be flexible in their delivery as new guidance emerges.
Q&A - Consent, Sex and the Law: Best practice
Date: Tue, 22 Jun 2021, 13:00 - 15:00
This Q&A will look at best practice in relation to relationships and sexual health education, with a focus on consent and sex and the law.
Brook has been commissioned by Leicestershire County Council to deliver a tiered RSHE support programme for primary and secondary schools in Leicestershire. Through this localised and tailored training offer, Brook will support schools to deliver high quality and holistic statutory RSHE, in line with the DfE guidance, increase the skills and confidence of teachers and help meet the needs of young people locally.
Brook is the UK's leading sexual health and wellbeing charity for young people and for over 55 years, we have supported, educated and empowered young people to make informed decisions about their sexual health, relationships and wellbeing. We have used this experience to inform our training packages and provide teachers with the knowledge and tools to deliver effective RSHE.
Delivery of the programme be undertaken by a team of Brook Education & Wellbeing Specialists, who are highly skilled, knowledgeable and experienced in delivering RSHE and PSHE to young people as well as teachers and professionals.
Through this training, teachers will:
• Have the opportunity to ask questions and develop their confidence in teaching RSHE with a particular focus on consent, sex and the law.
• Gain information on the importance of discussing confidentiality, rights and safeguarding.
• Improved confidence in managing conversations with young people around their relationships and sexual health.
• Increase their knowledge of the laws that relate to young people and sexual relationships.
• Consider best practice in educating, supporting and safeguarding young people around their relationships and sexual health.
• Gain access to additional resources
• Acquire information about Brooks wider local offer in Leicestershire
If you need to contact us about this event, please e-mail:
Our other available training can be found here:
If you have any questions about our other sessions, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
THIS TRAINING IS OPEN FOR TEACHERS IN LEICESTERSHIRE PRIMARY & SECONDARY SCHOOLS ONLY AND WE WILL VERIFY YOUR LOCATION WITH YOU PRIOR TO THIS EVENT.