**Due to the current unprecedented situation with COVID-19, the Leicestershire Health Schools Programme will be continuing providing training for schools but via webinar (MS Teams, Zoom Skype etc..) until further notice.
We have made arrangements with all of our training providers to be flexible in their delivery as new guidance emerges.
Bereavement Workshop for Secondary Schools (LOROS)
Date: Thu, 14 Jan 2021, 09:00 - 15:00
Venue: Zoom - Live Webinar
By attending the bereavement workshop, you will gain:
- an understanding of the 'dual process model'
- a good knowledge of the '10 things that children need in bereavement'
- an understanding of the barriers to support
- a knowledge and understanding of the practical ways to help bereaved CYP
- a knowledge and understanding of the practical ways to support CYP experiencing loss due to COVID-19
- confidence in supporting bereaved CYP through practical scenarios
- confidence in encouraging and facilitating the use of school resource when supporting bereaved CYP
- an awareness in the importance of recognising the school as a support mechanism
- a good understanding of local and national support services and how/when to refer
Includes access to free bereavement network session hosted by LOROS:
This workshop is accompanied by an optional 1-hour Network Session (on 28/01/2021 at 15:30 - 16:30 via Zoom). Your place on the workshop is automatically secured when booking on to this workshop.
The network sessions will provide your cohort with a scheme of ongoing facilitated peer-support around bereavement. These sessions are designed to provide you and your school with a platform to network, share tips and ideas of managing bereavement in school, with some reflective discussion and feedback on the full-day workshop.
The network sessions will contain elements of, but not limited to:
- Facilitated peer-support on the impact of bereavement in CYP
- Reflective discussion on the Bereavement Workshop understanding and implementation within your schools
- School case studies on bereavement, e.g. lessons learnt and examples of good practice
- Facilitation of school partnership work throughout
- 10-15 minute of time dedicated to Q&A. Questions may be submitted prior to the 'network session' for the provider to answer in the network session