Bereavement Workshop for Secondary Schools (LOROS)
Date: Thu, 14 Jan 2021, 09:00 - 15:00
Venue: Zoom - Live Webinar
By attending the bereavement workshop, you will gain:
- an understanding of the 'dual process model'
- a good knowledge of the '10 things that children need in bereavement'
- an understanding of the barriers to support
- a knowledge and understanding of the practical ways to help bereaved CYP
- a knowledge and understanding of the practical ways to support CYP experiencing loss due to COVID-19
- confidence in supporting bereaved CYP through practical scenarios
- confidence in encouraging and facilitating the use of school resource when supporting bereaved CYP
- an awareness in the importance of recognising the school as a support mechanism
- a good understanding of local and national support services and how/when to refer
Includes access to free bereavement network session hosted by LOROS:
This workshop is accompanied by an optional 1-hour Network Session (on 28/01/2021 at 15:30 - 16:30 via Zoom). Your place on the workshop is automatically secured when booking on to this workshop.
The network sessions will provide your cohort with a scheme of ongoing facilitated peer-support around bereavement. These sessions are designed to provide you and your school with a platform to network, share tips and ideas of managing bereavement in school, with some reflective discussion and feedback on the full-day workshop.
The network sessions will contain elements of, but not limited to:
- Facilitated peer-support on the impact of bereavement in CYP
- Reflective discussion on the Bereavement Workshop understanding and implementation within your schools
- School case studies on bereavement, e.g. lessons learnt and examples of good practice
- Facilitation of school partnership work throughout
- 10-15 minute of time dedicated to Q&A. Questions may be submitted prior to the 'network session' for the provider to answer in the network session
Sorry, booking for this event is now closed.