**Due to the current unprecedented situation with COVID-19, the Leicestershire Health Schools Programme will be continuing providing training for schools but via webinar (MS Teams, Zoom Skype etc..) until further notice.
We have made arrangements with all of our training providers to be flexible in their delivery as new guidance emerges.
Staff Mental Health and Wellbeing Workshop
Date: Thu, 24 Sep 2020, 09:30 - 15:00
Venue: Zoom - Live Webinar
It is vitally important that schools support their staff to feel equipped and able to maintain good levels of mental health and wellbeing in a post-COVID-19 world.
This FREE full-day workshop, for both primary and secondary schools, will provide you and your school with a comprehensive understanding on how to improve staff mental health and wellbeing in the context of an individual approach, and a Whole-School Approach.
This workshop is designed to give you the knowledge, skills and confidence in your ability to recognise, support and signpost those colleagues that are having difficulties with their mental health and wellbeing.
Workshop topics include:
- Understanding mild to moderate mental illness (including stress, anxiety and depression)
- Understanding the stigma of mental illness and how to challenge stigma
- How to spot the signs and symptoms of typical mild to moderate illness
- The relationship between mental health and physical health
- National guidance and policy in place to support the mental health and wellbeing of the education workforce
- How to adopt a Whole-School Approach
- Exploring the BITC / PHE Sleep Toolkit
- An introduction to the 5 Ways to Wellbeing
- How to effectively communicate about mental health needs and support
- Understanding local and national support services
- 10-15 minutes of time dedicated to Q&A. Questions may be submitted prior to the 'workshop' for the provider to answer in the session
Includes access to free Staff Mental Health & Wellbeing network session:
This workshop is accompanied by an optional 1-hour Network Session (on 15/10/2020 at 15:30 - 16:30 via Zoom). Your place on the workshop is automatically secured when booking on to this workshop.
The network session will provide a scheme of ongoing facilitated peer-support around Staff Mental Health and Wellbeing and specifically around the Workshop. The network sessions will contain elements of, but not limited to:
- Facilitated peer-support on 'protective factors' for good mental health
- Reflective discussion on the Workshop
- Discussion around the impact of sleep and whether the sleep toolkit has been effective
- School case studies on promoting and encouraging good mental wellbeing in staff, e.g. examples of good practice
- a chance for schools to network and support each others staff wellbeing delivery
- 10-15 minute of time dedicated to Q&A, questions may be submitted prior to the 'network session' for the trainers to answer in the network session