**Due to the current unprecedented situation with COVID-19, the Leicestershire Health Schools Programme will be continuing providing training for schools but via webinar (MS Teams, Zoom Skype etc..) until further notice.
We have made arrangements with all of our training providers to be flexible in their delivery as new guidance emerges.
Teaching Drugs, Alcohol, Tobacco Education with confidence in Secondary Schools - CANCELLED DUE TO LOW NUMBERS
Date: Wed, 04 Mar 2020, 09:30 - 15:30
Venue: The Dock,75 Exploration Dr, Leicester LE4 5NU (Near the Space Centre)
A one-day training course, providing participants with the knowledge, skills and confidence to plan and deliver high quality, age appropriate Drugs, Alcohol and Tobacco Education. The course will cover;
- Best classroom practice and creating a safe space to learn
- Answering pupil questions
- Developing age appropriate, whole school, DATe programmes
- Reviewing the latest curriculum and policy guidance
- Exploring quality resources that support a 'Life Skills' approach to DATe
- Encouraging links to local support services
Sorry, booking for this event is now closed.