**Due to the current unprecedented situation with COVID-19, the Leicestershire Health Schools Programme will be continuing providing training for schools but via webinar (MS Teams, Zoom Skype etc..) until further notice.
We have made arrangements with all of our training providers to be flexible in their delivery as new guidance emerges.
Mental Health & Wellbeing in the Workplace
Date: Tue, 17 Mar 2020, 09:30 - 15:30
Venue: Dock, 75 Exploration Drive, Leicester. LE4 5NU
Evidence shows that at any one time 1 in 4 adults will be experiencing difficulties with their mental wellbeing and it is reported that 15.4 million working days were lost in 2017/18 as a result of work-related stress or anxiety. Studies have also shown that people who work in caring professions or support roles have an increased risk of suffering with stress-burnout due to their emotional responsibilities. Therefore, it is important to develop knowledge and skills in this area to help ourselves and others.
This training will cover a variety of topics assisting settings and individuals to develop self-compassion and self-management skills, along with new strategies for supporting staff wellbeing through a grounded and friendly approach.
By the end of this workshop you will:
- Gain new knowledge around mental health & wellbeing in the workplace
- Understand worry, low mood and anxiety in more detail
- Be able to develop healthy coping strategies to manage difficult emotions
- Share ideas and gain new strategies for supporting staff wellbeing within your own setting
- Understand the importance of good self-care and designing your own bespoke routine
- Discuss strategies of how to gain a better work-life-family balance
- Learn new stress management skills to assist you with your work
Sorry, booking for this event is now closed.