Assessment in PSHE Training for Primary and Secondary Schools
Date: Fri, 25 Jan 2019, 09:30 - 15:30
Venue: Beaumanor Hall, Woodhouse
The most recent DfE Guidance expects that high-quality Health Education will be delivered in all schools along with Relationships Education (in primary schools) and Relationships and Sex Education (in secondary schools) prior to both subjects becoming statutory.
To help schools get 'ahead of the curve' and enhance their current practice, this course clarifies what Relationships, Sex and Health Education (RSHE) is - and isn't; explores why assessment is so important in RSHE; what forms of assessment are likely to most useful for children and staff; how to incorporate meaningful self and peer assessment along with teacher-led approaches.
By the end of the day, attendees will know, understand and have discussed:
- Why is assessment for learning important in RSHE / PSHE?
- What are some of the strategies that we might use for assessment for learning in RSHE / PSHE?
- How might we go about assessment of learning in RSHE / PSHE?
- What are some of the ways that we can monitor and record learning?
- Some 'next steps' to embed assessment ?
Sorry, booking for this event is now closed.