Leicestershire Educational Psychology Service Programme
Listening to feedback from last year's Wellbeing for Education Return programme, the Leicestershire Educational Psychology Service (LEPS) have designed a brand new dynamic and interactive approach to supporting schools via a series of coaching session across 6 themes.
A total of six sessions (one per term) last up to 60 minutes each will be delivered by one of the Educational Psychologists from LEPS and will provide an opportunity to;
- Explore the lived experiences of school staff through group coaching
- Use a psychological lens to unpick and reflect on pertinent issues affecting your school at this time
- Consider next steps for schools collaboratively
The 6 psychological themes underpinning each of the coaching sessions are:
- Exploring the loss and impact of COVID-19
- Exploring the presentation and impact of anxiety
- Understanding self-harm in children and young people
- Nurturing resilience and motivation within school
- Closing the gap for vulnerable children and young people
- Looking back to look forward --> using a psychological focus of reflection and action planning
To book your place on the LEPS Wellbeing for Education Recovery programme, please complete the booking form below.
Schools can send any member of staff who feel this approach would be beneficial to their professional practice in school – ideally this member of staff should disseminate their learning / reflections with other colleagues who cannot attend.
Scheduled dates for the six sessions are 3 till 4pm on:
- Wednesday 13th October 2021
- Wednesday 1st December 2021
- Wednesday 9th February 2022
- Wednesday 30th March 2022
- Wednesday 25th May 2022
- Wednesday 29th June 2022
LEPS Wellbeing for Education Recovery Booking Form
Please note: if more than one person is attending from the school, a separate booking form must be completed.
Please only book if you are committed to attending all 6 sessions.
Leicestershire Educational Psychology Service - CPD for 2022
An Introduction to Anxiety, and its Impact on Children & Young People in School
What will the course cover?
- An understanding of anxiety and its presentation in children and young people
- An exploration of how anxiety can impact on learning and how we can support anxiety-related needs to promote progress
- An exploration of how anxiety can impact on school engagement and attendance (including Emotional Based School Avoidance EBSA), and how we can support this
When: Tuesday 1st March 2022, 09:30-14:40
Where: Virtual Event via Teams
Cost: £65 per person
To book, please log on to your Leicestershire Traded Services website account.
The training is suitable for any professional who has a role in working directly with children and young people in promoting their wellbeing within an educational setting (i.e., SENCOs/Assistant SENCOs, Inclusion Managers, Pastoral Support, ELSAS, LSAS, Support Workers, Teachers).
This training will cater for Primary and Secondary Settings, including specialist and mainstream provisions.