Mental Health in the Early Years & the importance of building Secure Attachments
Date: Wed, 11 May 2022, 09:30 - 12:30
Mental health problems can start in early years, even if we do not see any symptoms at that time. Promoting positive mental health and wellbeing in early years education is vital. By doing this we provide a secure environment for young children to play, build relationships and learn essential skills, both academically and emotionally. We assist them to have the ability to handle the dynamics of different relationships and the resilience to face pressures and stresses growing up.
This training assists attendees to:
- Learn about attachment and the importance of infants and young children having secure relationships and experiences
- Know the risk factors for children in early years and what to look out for
- Gain new ideas for activities and resources that can support children's emotional wellbeing
- Understand strategies to build resilience and teach self-regulation in young children
- Take part in fun, engaging learning activities
- Gain helpful advice and guidance
- Share good practice with others
- Come away with plenty of resources and ideas to help shape your children's futures
- Be able to apply early intervention strategies within your own settings
Sorry, booking for this event is now closed.