Q&A - Homophobia, Biphobia, Transphobia
Date: Wed, 02 Feb 2022, 10:00 - 12:00
Click here to book
About this event
This Q&A will focus on the issues of homophobia, biphobia and transphobia (HBT). It will discuss ways in which schools can challenge these attitudes, deal with incidents of HBT bullying and ensure a safe and inclusive environment for LGBT+ young people.
Brook has been commissioned by Leicestershire County Council to deliver a tiered RSHE support programme for primary and secondary schools in Leicestershire and Rutland. Through this localised and tailored training offer, Brook will support schools to deliver high quality and holistic statutory RSHE, in line with the DfE guidance, increase the skills and confidence of teachers and help meet the needs of young people locally.
Brook is the UK's leading sexual health and wellbeing charity for young people and for over 55 years, we have supported, educated and empowered young people to make informed decisions about their sexual health, relationships and wellbeing. We have used this experience to inform our training packages and provide teachers with the knowledge and tools to deliver effective RSHE.
Delivery of the programme be undertaken by a team of Brook Education & Wellbeing Specialists, who are highly skilled, knowledgeable and experienced in delivering RSHE and PSHE to young people as well as teachers and professionals.
Through this Q&A, teachers will:
• Gain knowledge about Brook and its local offer for schools and teachers in Leicestershire
• Define and understand terminology related to homophobia, biphobia, transphobia and the LGBT+ community
• Discuss attitudes towards LGBT+ young people
• Discuss stereotypes, judgements and assumptions about the LGBT+ community
• Discuss how to develop professional practice to ensure a safe, LGBT+ inclusive environment
• Identify practical ways to challenge HBT in a school setting.
If you need to contact us about this event, please e-mail:
THIS TRAINING IS OPEN FOR TEACHERS IN LEICESTERSHIRE & RUTLAND PRIMARY & SECONDARY SCHOOLS ONLY AND WE WILL VERIFY YOUR LOCATION WITH YOU PRIOR TO THIS EVENT.
Click here to book